Thursday, October 06, 2005

green and blue

This last week has been amazing for me. Monday I got a ton of paperwork out of the way, Tuesday and Wednesday this week were great. I got to meet some wonderful people. I met a woman who is thrilled to be able to be included in planting a church, I got in contact with a guy who is a triathlete and who's wife grew up at this church that is supporting me, I made great connections with other churches in the area who want me to come and work with their congregations . . . good contacts, great meetings, fun ministry opportunities, and not to mention some great workouts!And then yesterday afternoon I started to feel a little sick and last night and this morning I have been going over the "requirement" stuff for new ministry starts and now I am feeling lousy not only with this cold, but with all the stress of the things I think I need to/"should" get done.

So I am naming this day - the green and blue day - green for being sick and blue for being stressed. On the upside, the remedy that has seemed to work for this kind of cold (at least according to Tim and Jeff) is some vitamin D, and a good salt water gargle, along with enough time to make sure everthing is flushed out properly. In other words -
"Surf's Up!"
Not to mention how that might help with stress in general.

The Santa Anas are here - so it is a hot day - and good to be in the water.

No comments: