Friday, September 16, 2005

just the beginning

It seems to me that the beginnings of things never start at the speed we want them too. Especially good things. It takes time and work and patience and a lot of prayer. Mostly for me right now it is patience. I guess prayer is a constant.

My husband, Tim, and I made the long trek from St. Paul, Minnesota to San Diego, California at the end of August/beginning of September, so that I could be a part of leading the development of a new ministry in northern San Diego County. But this trip did not begin in August, or even in July when I recieved the "unofficial" call. I am not sure I can pinpoint a time when this journey began, but I can at least say that there was a major jolt late last year when I decided to leave my position as a associate pastor in a large suburban church and enter into a place in the world which spoke the language of what I believed to be "common sense christianity".

Anyway - here we are now - at the "beginning" of the official work. And future posts will be about what we are doing, dreaming about, wondering, and another place to be in conversation about this mission/ministry work and where it takes us as a local/global - ancient/future - tending/sending community in Christ.

No comments: