Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23 - It's Creepy in the Dark

I suppose walking down on the promenade in the moonlight near the pier could be considered really romantic.  It is a pretty area, and fairly well lit, but I tend to think it is a little creepy.  Walking on my own down the dark stairs toward the water.  You can hear the waves crash, but it is hard to say how close to the stairs they are coming, and then with rain over the last 24 hours some of the sand is washed away so there is a big drop off at the bottom of the stairs. 

It poured rain most of the day today and by the time we could get down to the water it was after dinner - so we stopped by on the way to run a few other errands.  Dara and Tim waited in the car as I made my way to the edge of the ocean.  I think Tim was a little nervous that I took so long - you can't see the sand from where he parked - thank goodness for the camera flash.  I also brought a different camera and it was hard to switch settings in the dark.  Here's what I ended up with . . .


creepy stairs

feet in the water

the pier in the distance









No comments: