Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24 - In the Morning On My Own

Tim and Dara both slept in this morning (when does that ever happen???) and I didn't know what to do with myself when I got up.  So I headed down to the beach.  About half way there I had one of those crazy thoughts running through my head that Dara would get up and come to find us and something would have happened to Tim and She would not know what to do and so she would go outside to look for me and wander the streets . . . (I called Tim and put a stop to that wild senario, but I got the voice mail.  That was enough to get me out of the stream of thought anyway).

I got down to the pier and was reminded why people like to surf in the morning - the water looks so soft and inviting, the air is fresh, it is quiet.  The only hardship is that the sand is really cold.  That kind of cold where as you walk your whole legs just ache.  But then the water feels warmer.  Why I always forget that cold part I don't know.  But the warm water I do remember.

This morning I actually went out on the pier a little.  I think there has only been about 3 or 4 times that I have walked to the end.  It is long - and there is a "hill" toward the end.  So at least you can see a pic of the top of the pier here.


Pier Gate

the long Ventura Pier (and this is not even from the beginning)

warm water




No comments: